Phoenix Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Our Server

Go down

Was this helpful to you?

About Our Server I_vote_lcap100%About Our Server I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
About Our Server I_vote_lcap0%About Our Server I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

About Our Server Empty About Our Server

Post  LE_Vaughn Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:27 pm

What is Phoenix Rising?: To put it in simple terms; it is a Role Playing game based within the "Universe" of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Its not the same Universe as Dragonball or DBZ was set in - but its the same "structure" - within a different timeline all together.

--------------------

What makes the server "Special"?: Rather than sticking to the typical archetype of what a typical Dragonball or Dragonball Z server is, we break from the mundane and create a more strict yet broader horizon for players here. What I mean by this is simple; other servers follow specific patterns and usually "rig" the server to a specific player, species, or event. While yes there will be story situations that are "rigged" on our server, ours will only serve to benefit, provoke, or push role play as a whole. We don't focus on a specific person all the time, and "Admin" based events are few and far between. Instead of constantly dropping an "Admin" event (which is usually grand in scale and epic in story-telling) we enforce the concept of "The players are the event, they just have to do something". Let me give you an example of what I mean.

Player A designs his or her player to be "evil". They may start out weak and insignificant, but with constant role play and training they can become a significant threat to other players. Player A then forces Player B and C to take upon a "Hero" or "Heroine" position to defend someone or something from Player A. During this whole time the Admin(s) simply sit back and watch the "Player Event" unfold. Could the Galaxy be in danger of failure? Of course! Could Player A destroy a significant portion of life? If they role play well - yes. Could the "Bad Guy" win and actually bring upon a darker time? Indeed there is a chance. This is all up to the player(s) involved; the out come is their decision.

We also focus our server around the concepts of "Evolution" and "Logic", things that other servers neglect and or ignore. The "race" or "species" which exist on our server are the same as the ones in Dragonball or Dragonball Z - with the introduction of some new ones. No one however has any relation or any connection to any Dragonball or Dragonball Z character however; as our server focus's on a new timeline, new generation, and over-all new Universe set within the same limitations as the original series. Each species will have to grow and develop - with the same restrictions as the original - except this time they are free to choose what they do and how they go about doing it rather than having a set leader, set goal, and set time limit. For example...

The Saiyan population on Vegeta is exactly like the original Saiyan species/race that existed. They begin as a barbaric and ignorant species of warriors; they may be extremely violent or moderately so. They have a desire to fight, to hunt, and to kill, much like a cave-man would. They wouldn't exactly be friendly with most people and would have trouble developing much (if any) technology at all within the first fifty years of their existence. Bardock was known to be a scientist but this was after many generations passed and the Saiyans were more "educated" by other species which inhabited Vegeta or were dumped there (or enslaved). On our server the Saiyans must evolve their own way - with the limitations in full order. They can't just start off with white hair or blue hair and go "I want to be the strongest I'm going to fight you!" or "The Tuffle are our friends! I'll call one my brother!". Those things go against everything realistic and logical.

Now this doesn't mean that a species or people can't learn or adapt to accommodate different beliefs or create a different structure as a whole; but in the short term they cannot just "randomly" and "quickly" evolve to be something they are not designed to be as a species.

I also take pride in trying to make the server feel more "original" in some small to large way. Admin Events that do take place are unique, fun, and all carefully planned out to involve a wide array of things. Unlike most events that players host themselves by doing random things; or events that other admins on other servers do, our server isn't restricted to "PVP" based events. In fact I dare say that majority of the events that take place are logic or intelligence based rather than straight-fighting based. Some events are purely puzzle solving, some a mystery, some exploration, or some are fighting oriented. Do note: Some events here are very graphic and ill-advised for the weak minded, faint of heart, and young children may not wish to partake in them due to the nature of some events. We keep an open-door policy here with everything; but if you're too young or cannot handle it, please do not involve yourself with it.

Finally we take pride in fair and unique custom additions to the game which other servers don't have. A good example is our "environmental" based events which allow players to interact with the environment around them (be it climbing, swimming, or blast out rocks from a mountain side). This adds a unique opportunity to create future dungeons and or locations within existing locations of the current maps. Another custom feature is uniquely powered or unique looking weapons which are hard to obtain but well worth the effort. They are in-character things which have limited uses however and are little more than a paper weight when they are drained from their uses. Some however can be used forever if the right source of power is obtained for said weapon. We also allow custom species/races and planets to harbor said species/races. They will not be unfair additions to the game - nor will they be over-powered or over-populated. They will only be added once a stable population exists currently or if an Admin Event is taking place. Most custom races/species will boast unique properties in role play or in their OOC Build (stats/equipment etc). Finally we allow custom ranks but nothing that is game breaking - and most are simply for fun. As an example of a custom rank - we had a man the last time I hosted that was called "The Pope of Toast" as a rank. He had an entire shrine built for himself and a magical piece of buttered bread that he located on a beach; yes this is true, and yes we allow such weirdness here!

Our "rewarding" process is also quite strange. We reward during Admin Events, "Special Events" or during random log checks. Promotion of "Self-RP" is a must here because the more you Self Role Play - the better the rewards you gain! You might think its a silly or stupid thing to do, but that's your choice (and you're entitled to think what you want).

--------------------

Whose In-Charge of the Server?: This is another shining moment! Most servers (including ours) has Admins with various jobs or positions; and we too have Admins/Moderators which are in charge of specifics, but as a whole we take care of everything as equally as we can. The Admins, Moderators, or "Enforcers" are chosen carefully in various ways.

- Level of Activity
- Helpful Players
- Quality of Player Roleplaying
- Good Leadership Qualities

We also won't hire new Admins unless we have a player base that is too much for the current staff to handle.

Something else unique about our ability to run the server is that every player has a voice, and each player (in a sense) has the ability to decide something. They can vote on "change" as a whole which means; if they don't like something, they can ask for it to be changed and vote on it as a group. The players matter here - and they are partly in charge as this server is for them.

--------------------

How do we do Ranking?: Player Ranking is done through events (both player and Admin) or self roleplaying (on occasion). When someone believes they are close to a rank they may use "Admin-Help" to suggest this to us. One (or more) of us (the admins) will read their personal logs and be the judge of it. Sometimes they must display certain qualities to obtain a certain rank - let me make an example below.

Say someone wants to become the Guardian of Earth. They have to show the following qualities.

- Leadership
- The Desire to Protect and Guard Earth
- Compassion for the Earth, its People and "Nature"
- Commitment; they won't be leaving Earth "ever"

Though they don't have to exactly be "good" they can't be completely "evil" and "take over" the Earth.

Now some people may whine or complain that they aren't obtaining a rank based on their own personal preferences. Well that's fine and dandy; you're entitled to complain to us (we listen!), but at least have some logic behind your complaint! If you generally aren't fit to be something (in character) then you most likely will not be it. Here's a good example of someone "not fit" to become a rank. For politeness sake I will change the name of the player to "Bob" as this is a real story and I do not want to cause the player any negativity in the field.

Bob wanted to become the Changling Lord of our server. He was the soul survivor of his people and landed on the Jungle Planet with a bunch of other (and much weaker) people. An Admin Event (small) was given to the Jungle Planet to help the Changling better establish his dominance. The Event was that a medium sized ship crash landed on the planet and its materials were scattered about. I went in "extreme" detail about how if a researcher and mechanic got a hold of these pieces / fragments / resources - that it could be rebuilt into a smaller ship (used to flee the Jungle Planet). Bob however ignored this and gobbled up the materials, and failed to properly introduce his "minions" to the wreck. He didn't influence construction or the need to create a space-ship to leave the planet, nor did he attempt to display dominance over the people on the planet. He simply asked over and over if he could become the Changling Lord; which he was rejected, by multiple admins.

None of Bob's alien associates really cared about him as a character, most ignored him and paid very little attention to him. Bob wouldn't really care either as a character, he never tried to do anything relevant other than walk around and train. So one day I decided to help him out even further by saying the following.

""Bob - if you wish to become the Changling Lord this is your last shot. I'll grant you the Rank if you can make a large roleplay of you proving your dominance over the population there. You don't have to kill someone or hurt them - but here is something you could do. Have Bob get so fed up with everything that he blows up an entire mountain with a Death Bomb or another trade-mark skill that the Changling Lord obtains. Make it detailed, show that your character is serious about his rule, and boom you got it!""

Now instead of doing this he decided to complain until his friend (who was an admin also) stepped in. His argument is that ""If I don't have the Verb or Stats to do something, I can't do it!""; which isn't true! On my server you can role play a lot more than you think - sure you have species based limitations but I specifically asked him to do something to prove to me basically that he can roleplay using a technique and display his dominance (which he hadn't done before). Instead of doing either he continued to badger the community until his Admin friend said ""How about we just throw a ship down to the Jungle Planet and let them go?"". I told him ""I can't do that - they aren't role playing or even trying. Rewarding them for doing nothing promotes more 'nothing'.""

Finally we'll get on the subject of "Admin Ranking". Admins are not "first in line" for a rank (unlike on most other servers), and we are ranked by the players and other admins. We'll ask specific players to judge our role playing and see if they think we deserve a rank or not. Some players are heavily bias one way or the other - so we try to find those who are neutral to rank admins.

--------------------

Further information may be added at a later time. If you have a request for an addition please state it here!

LE_Vaughn
Admin

https://lephoenixrising.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

About Our Server Empty Server Address

Post  LE_Vaughn Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 pm

The server address will "always" be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - just a heads up.

LE_Vaughn
Admin

https://lephoenixrising.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down